A community curated list of working tablets with krita!

Android on Smartphone:
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Lite

• Krita 5.0.2 (64 bits Arm CPU APK)
  • Some UI cut off on screen but can be moved around
  • S-Pen button, pressure and tilt all work
  • S-pen Actions don’t work
  • Everything else works

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 tablet (running Android 12 now) with SPen. The pen works nicely in Krita (good pressure and tilt.) However, the button on the pen sometimes works to bring up the popup palette and sometimes it won’t. It’s tricky.
Edit: with 5.1.0 the pop-up palette works nicely. I still have my SPen button set to call up the Actions but I just dismiss that and do what I want with the palette (same goes for the reference tool).

On Windows 10, I use my old trusty Wacom Intuos 4. Works as intended. :+1:t2:

On my side :

Krita 5.0.6
XP Pen 15.6 PRO
Mac Book Pro

MacOS

• XP-Pen Innovator 16
  • system version: MacOS 10.15.7 (catalina)
  • Krita version: 5.0.6
  • Everything worked just fine, I just had to set up the buttons and the pressure curve.
  • Buttons all work!
  • Pressure is great, actually better than the Wacom Cintiq for me.
  • Position works perfectly
  • No input issues of any kind, it just works

I haven’t seen anyone mention any tablets or the drivers from Gaomon so I’ll put the info for the one I use with Krita:

• Tablet: Gaomon PD1161
  • Multikey Shortcut Button Pad: Mini Keydial KD100
  • Laptop Operating System: Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Version 21H2
  • Krita Version: 5.1.0 (stable release)
  • First Tablet Driver Version: Gaomon_Windows_Driver_v14.8.133.1259
  • Second Tablet Driver Version: Gaomon_Windows_Driver_16.0.0.37
  • Multikey Shortcut Button Pad Driver Version: Driver_15.2.16.354 (driver for non-Huion branded drawing tablet or monitor)

Reguarding the overall functions with the Drivers, Tablet and Krita itself, Huion’s keydial and the driver for non-Huion devices works as per Huion’s intentions. The “settings preview” button pops up the layout of the buttons on the screen of my laptop, not the screen of the drawing tablet. All of the buttons and keydial work as intended and have not found any issues reguarding the interactions between the keydial, its driver, the tablet and Krita. The drivers for the Gaomon Tablet I own is a different mess; the driver Gaomon_Windows_Driver_16.0.0.37 does allow Krita to operate on the tablet however there is a offset to the left between the mouse cursor and where the actual pen is. I have calibrated the tablet multiple times, searched around the internet, the manual of the tablet and have used the offset settings within Krita itself however the offset is still pretty bad at approximentally 1/2" to the left. When I use the driver Gaomon_Windows_Driver_v14.8.133.1259, the offset problem is not as bad and when it does happen, the built-in calibration system within the driver removes it although towards the edge of the tablet screen the cursor and pen dosen’t always respond or update correctly. The shortcut keys on the tablet and the pen all perform as they are suppossed to.

That is what the information I have gathered throughout my time over the last few months using both the tablet and Krita.

• XP-Pen Innovator 16
  • system version: Windows 11 pro (updated to sept 2022)
  • Krita version: 5.1.0
  • Windows Ink or Wintab: I don’t think so
  • Windows “Middle and right click workaround” in Tablet Settings: disabled
  • Winwos “Pen & Touch gestures” disables: yes;
  • Everything worked right off the bat, except right mouse click (see below)
  • Right click will not open the pop-up palette
  • Pressure works fine
  • Position works fine
  • No other issues so far, but haven’t used it extensively.

Regarding the right mouse click problem. No idea what it’s doing this. Right-mouse click works normally in all other applications. I ended up changing the shortcut for the pop-up palette and just changed what the button on the pen does. Problem solved.

• Huion HS611
  • Krita Versions: Never had any problem in any versions do Krita
  • Tested OS: Fedora Workstation, Ubuntu, elementary OS, PopOS!, Windows 10 and 11
  • To me everything works!

Android

ONN 8" Android Tablet (Walmart store brand)

• 2.0 GHz Quad-core processor
  • 2 GB RAM
  • 32 GB Storage

No pressure sensitivity but still works well with Krita 5.1 and 5.2 pre-alpha. Great for sketching on the go.

1 Like

I have made the first post as wiki, I think people can edit it now. @tiar let me know if you need any other tweaks.

Updated first Wiki message with Huion Inspiroy H950P working on GNU/Linux.

WACOM Cintiq 22HD (no touch)
Windows 7.0
Krita 5.1.3

https://www.wacom.com/it-it/products/cintiq-22-hd-touch