A question for all of you who may have nostalgia

This is a very weird question… but which one of you had a favorite childhood character that was a part of a kids’ TV program?

Mine was this guy:

Bard the Dragon from Disney’s Baby Einstein.

3 Likes

Ruppert the Bear. Used to watch it on channel YTV

1 Like

Most of the ones I grew up with aren’t familiar to an international audience. But this skit with the Cookie Monster is one of my all time favourites:

Unfortunately only available in dutch. I only know what they are saying because I’ve seen it many times in my own language. Cookie Monster doesn’t want some cookies, he doesn’t want more cookies, he doesn’t even want the pile with most cookies.

Doesn’t Cookie Monster want any cookies?? Of course he does. He wants ALL the cookies!!

3 Likes

Sesame Street is such a classic. But still, why doesn’t Elmo know how to say “I” before every sentence? Such a mystery.

1 Like

Mine was this guy:

Gigantor! :grin:

3 Likes

Who’s he from?

Grandfather Clock from Captain Kangaroo (and yes, tv was black and white back then). Thank you for asking this lovely question, @SimonBrother. Everyone’s responses are so interesting.

captain_kangaroo

3 Likes

I remember Captain Kangaroo also. I used to watch that show before going to school. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Gigantor was from about 1964. When I googled for a pic of him, it looks like the show was redone at some point.

:grin:

1 Like

Giggle, mine was Porky Pig, also only in black and white in the first years, together with Road Runner and Speedy Gonzales all in the same show!

Michelist

1 Like

Those guys were funny! I loved those shows too.
Beep Beep!

1 Like

Astro Boy was cool yep & black and white.

Just found out Astro Boy was the for runner to Japanese anime.

download

1 Like

Oh, I definitely know Astro Boy. I’ve seen the 3D movie, which was a little weird depending on the animation and lore, but other than that, it’s not a bad character.

1 Like