Add a new section with curated content from this site

Having recently spent some time trolling through the myriad of topics in General Questions, I’ve been amazed at what I’ve learned. There is a lot of really good information hidden inside those threads . It would be great if there was a way to mine those diamonds and put the really good stuff in it’s own section.

We all know that search is great way to find something when you know what you’re looking for, but most of what I’ve learned here was by browsing and mostly things I never would have searched for in the first place. It’s the “you don’t know what you don’t know” problem.

How would this work? don’t know…but it seems like something that would be worth exploring

Hi

It might be difficult to manage and maintain a such category.
On which criteria we can consider that a topic is an hidden gem and another one is not?

• About the case?
  • About the answer?
  • …?

Also, something could be very interesting for someone, and absolutely not for another one :upside_down_face:

Grum999

How would this work? don’t know…but it seems like something that would be worth exploring

One (non-Discourse) forum I used to be on had tags like “good read” that only mods could assign, and there was a link on each category’s page to a list of posts in that category that also had those posts. If Discourse can do something like that, I think it would work nicely.
If not, perhaps a “good reads” subcategory such threads can be moved to might work. The subcategory would have no new post permissions for regular users, but should have reply permissions.

yes! I hadn’t even thought about using a “curation” tag that people would be able to search by. I tried to figure out how you search for threads with the “solution” checkmark but I couldn’t find out how. Maybe a tag that a mod could use to indicate this has lasting value (wheat from the chaff). I that would work then there’s no need for a new section (my bad)

thoughts?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.