An illustrated children's book

Hi! Today I want to share with you all my very first illustrated children’s book. I have been working on this for months and it’s finally done.
It’s just a self published book with some public domain children’s stories from my country. The ones I grew up with.
All began last year. I had recently fallen in love with digital media, and I decided to become an illustrator. I knew I needed a portfolio, so I decided to make one by illustrating these short stories. But then I had the idea to make a book. Why not? So here it is.
It was tougher than I thought, I had to learn so much, I had to work with a mouse for almost half the project, I burned myself a couple of times. Then because I didn’t start with the idea of a book I had to adjust the sizes of some illustrations to match the page trim, etc.
I still need to get better, there are some errors I didn’t realize at the time, I have to work a lot in color and values, and composition, and everything else I guess. My illustrations tend to be greyish and dark. But I’m working on it.
Here are some illustrations, and the cover. Feel free to comment and give me some feed back, please. Also if you have some advice on how to do freelance jobs and all that, I’ll be super grateful. I’m kind of clueless about that. Thanks for your attention, cheers.

Oh, and just in case here is the book in the store :grimacing: :flushed:.

64 Likes

Very well done! One can clearly see, how much love you’ve put into your work. All the nice details… I’m sure that the kids will love it.

6 Likes

Very nice!

2 Likes

great job. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Totally deserved the feature section. Really good job. Thanks for sharing it.

4 Likes

seems really impressive keep up the good work

2 Likes

Very good job, hope you find much successes with it!

2 Likes

Increible trabajo

1 Like

Beautifully done. I can see your personality in there.

1 Like

they are excellent… very professional.

1 Like