Android 10 save dialog problem [solved]

Type of device* : Android tablet
Brand and version of the device: Samsung tab s6 lite
System** : Android 10

On a new device, I installed Krita from the play store. The save button just pressed and unpressed without doing anything else. Clicking save as in the file menu just closed the file menu. I was worried I might lose my drawing.

I asked on IRC and found a solution.

Go to Configure Krita → General → Misc → Uncheck the box for enable native file dialog.

Just adding a comment to mark it as solved with the forum software :slight_smile:

This is scary! I read the IRC messages. This should never happen. Is this the stock Samsung ROM you’re using? Can you open the file within Krita using Open File (After checking back the Enable Native File Dialog)?

When we save dialog using native file picker we ask the System Services (using ACTION_CREATE_DOCUMENT) to give us the default backend to save file. If nothing happens it can only mean, that either something is wrong with SystemUI or I don’t understand something.

Is this the stock Samsung ROM you’re using?

Yes.

Can you open the file within Krita using Open File (After checking back the Enable Native File Dialog)?

No.

This weekend I’ll try doing logcat to see if anything relevant comes up.

Thanks, really appreciate it!

This weekend

Well, I was overly optimistic with my time. The device has a google parental lock that prevents adb, I won’t have the time to figure out removing and restoring that until the weekend of the 27th.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.