Android Bugs 5.0.2

@sh-zam a few of android bugs i found:

1. i cannot rename the layers. I double click the layer 1 and keyboard come up to rename but nothing can be change.

2. the touch docker doesnt hide when canvas mode is on (in the setting i put, toolbar n docker is suppose to be hidden). And obviously the touch docker doesnt work when canvas mode on even when it doesnt go hide. After canvas mode off, it just hang there not functioning and cant be close.

3. the quick setting docker missing.

4. this one is weird. Almost 80% of the time the workspace got reseted when i enter krita and i have to set my workspace again. Today morning when i open krita the workspace got reseted and when i want to try again to see how it was triggered, i reset krita couple of times also try reset and shut down my tablet if that would trigger it but nothing, as if the bug was not there in the first place, is it got fix or something idk. Ill see this in a couple of days later if this still the case.

Quick setting docker is python plugin and cannot be loaded in Android if I remember correct.

2 Likes

O is it plugins. I only saw the quick setting docker from youtube and want to try set it up. Well if its plugins then its okay then. Thx for the info.

Ok i found the reset workspace trigger. When krita hang and crash, then i start it up and the workspace reset.

One more bug i found, when i already select a group or select more than 1 layer and use free transform tool, only 1 layer is transform. But when i try to use move tool, it works, the layers selected or the group can be drag with a move tool. @sh-zam

Software Keyboards on Android are weird, sometimes they have buffers where you type stuff and hit enter to send it to text widget etc etc. Can you please share a screen recording of this behavior?

noted, thanks!

I’ll need to check this, maybe saving workspace when changed rather than on exit could fix it…

[/quote]

Software Keyboards on Android are weird, sometimes they have buffers where you type stuff and hit enter to send it to text widget etc etc. Can you please share a screen recording of this behavior?

This the recording, cant rename layer:

hmm, thanks! were you able to rename layers in Krita 4? (oddly there is no cursor on the text widget and this is not something that we’ve touched)

Sorry im a new krita user, havent try layer rename in krita 4.4.5, only sketching.

Let me ask someone,
@CrazyCatBird
Hey can you help, can you rename layer in krita 5 and krita 4? Cause i cant in my tablet.

I have tab s7, Android 11, can rename layer both in 4.4.2 and 5.0.2

1 Like

How? I double click the layer name and keyboard pops out but cant work

I can type in text normally

Why i cant? Umm… do you mind in this link i posted video. Is there anything wrong with the step?

Seems nothing wrong. I check mine again after watching your video, work as expected. :thinking:

Okay, I’m able to reproduce the bug. It only happens if the docker is floating.

1 Like

Yea my docker always floating.
Thank you. :smiley: :smiley:

Yup, I can do it. It gets tricky though. I have to go into the layer’s “Properties” and do it from there.

Thanks for the reply, yea i did not thought of the properties. But apparently only floating layer docker that have rename layer problem. So if the docker not floating. We can double click it and rename immediately.

1 Like