Animation problem with the 4.3.0 update

Type of device (graphics tablet/display tablet/2-in-1 laptop/Android tablet): Screen drawing tablet
Brand and version of the device: Huion gt 191
System (Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, + version): Windows 10

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots):
I made an account just to talk about this.
I’m not sure if anyone else has had this problem but on the latest version of Krita when I open up one of my animations and flip to a different frame the program automatically closes.
To solve it I uninstalled 4.3.0 and reinstalled 4.2.9 and it no longer closes when I switch frames.
So it might have something to do with the new update but I don’t want to say anything definitive since I’m not a computer expert.

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

There’s a possibilty that this has been fixed by a recent change in the ‘Plus/Stable’ version.

Can you download and try the Stable portable .zip package from here:
https://binary-factory.kde.org/job/Krita_Stable_Windows_Build/
Not the one that has …-dbg.zip, just the …{number}.zip package.
Just Extract it and run the ‘krita’ file that’s inside the resulting folder.
This will not affect your existing installation.
This may or may not fix the problem.

If you have access to an ordinary (i.e non-display) drawing tablet, instead of the GT 191, does it crash in the same way? This test should be done after a PC restart.

Can you go to Help -> Show krita log for bug reports and find a ‘SESSION’ where it closed like that and copy/paste that session output here?

Also, if you go to C:\Users\ {your-username) \AppData\Local, is there a file called kritacrash (or similar)? If so, it may contain a lot of text so can you make it available via a file download link using your Dropbox (or whatever) filesharing service?