Archer Creature

First artwork done in Krita, love it so far!

52 Likes

Wow, great work

1 Like

So cool. Are you from using photoshop? Also what brushes did you use for this, RGBA?

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, I use Photoshop for work. I used some modified RGBA brushes, I really like this kind of brushes.

2 Likes

Welcome to Krita!
That’s good to hear because in krita 5 they are bringing a hight option to brush textures even with smudge engine brushes. Meaning it is way easier to paint with a traditional style.

1 Like

That’s good to hear! The only thing I’m missing from Photoshop is the “Blend If” option on the “Layer Styles”. I can see it’s there but not yet implemented, I wonder why.
Overall it’s a very great application, I think I could use it professionally in the future.

2 Likes

Same here I also miss blend if from photoshop. However it is a more useful tool for photo bashing and final touch ups then painting. So I can understand why it hasn’t been implemented yet. Would be great to have though, I have found myself looking for it a few times now. I used to use all adobe products but I am trying to switch to mostly open source or non subscription based. Glad to see more people sort of doing the same?

The only thing I haven’t been able to leave behind is adobe after effects as I can’t find a suitable replacement. Also I kind of miss premiere/photoshop for some things.

1 Like

This literally looks like a fairy tale. Very vibrant colours!

1 Like

Not exactly the same as layer style but here is a tutorial by gdquest which explains blendif type of thing in Krita
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad0DFTb4lO4

Regarding the parts which are not implemented yet, @dkazakov might be able to give you better answer. Most probably it was time constraint.

1 Like

Yes, we just never had time to implement that conditional blending part.

1 Like

Thanks for the tutorial!
I’ll try to see if it’s a valid alternative method.

I hope to see this feature in the future, It’s very useful for concept artists.

I agree with trying to avoid subscription based products, you end up paying too much for little improvements.

1 Like

awesome, your rough brushwork + these subtle textures… really unique style!

Thanks! Very kind :slight_smile: You have a great style too!

1 Like

I am really amazed by the color in this image. The brushwork and composition are also impressive, but it’s the color that has me coming back again and again. It almost looks as if you painted with mother-of-pearl. How did you achieve that irridescence?

1 Like

Thanks for all the compliments! I’m glad you notice the iridescent palette, I appreciate it :slight_smile:
I think the greens and magentas helps to achieve this look

2 Likes

I agree!!!

1 Like

The colors on this is Epic! :wink: :+1:

1 Like

Congrats and welcome to KA. your style is quite different in colors so i like it. And i am glad you like the RGBA brushes. I am experimenting now with RGBA-wet :wink: