architectural drawing

This is a test about using Krita for architectural sketch.

7 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nicely done!

Salut confrère (UvU)
I wonder how you manage scale ? Do you add color over a scaled base ?

Hi confrère. :slight_smile:
I work wit a basic A3 sheet with 300 dpi.
Then I know that 118 px are 10 mm.
So I use the rectangle tool. For exemple if I need 30mm I put in the box 11.8*30 and I lock the proportion. Maybe the picutre is more explicite.
Then even if you import some pdf (from autocad) you rasterize at 300dpi for A3 size the dimentions will be correctes.
Finally I colorize my sketch and I add some details too, without go back in Autocad.
And you export always as A3, 300 dpi.
This is my workflow.

ps.
I see your profile. Great work! Your really good.
FĂ©licitation.

1 Like

thank you.
I was tryng to use the assitants tools in perspective view.

1 Like

7 Likes

This is really nice, it’s not easy doing this kind of drawing so cleanly. Also, having the patience and ideas for all the detail…

1 Like

Did you first do it with assistants and then freehand trace it? It seems so tight and loose at the same time (like you really freehanded a tracing on paper).
If you did use assistants, was it very far away vanishing point or parallel rulers to make an isometry?

1 Like

Hi Manga,
thank you for your comment.
I first traced with the assistant a rough sketch. I used the vanishing point helpers.
Then I draw over.
For the long lines I actived the smoothnes option (stabilisateur). It help me to prevent the shaking lines.
I did for training my self for the free hand architectural sketch with a cintiq tablet.

1 Like

thank you Julmane,

I copied a japanese artist. If I’ll find the name I’ll post it. I like too this kind of drawing.
see you.

Thank you for the detailed reply again! I love how your sketches remember me of hand made renders!

1 Like

I just did a test for shading the drawing with watercolor brush.

4 Likes