Audience Analysis Project Help

Hey everyone!
I am a college student majoring in Computer Information Systems. I am currently in this Software Documentation class and there is a project to where I need to “interview” three people. I would want to know your name (can be username), How you use Krita, Why you use Krita, How long have you been using Krita, What things you like and dislike about Krita, What is your level of computer experience…etc.

So ultimately I need to know the documentation needs of “users.”
The assignment needs me to analyze Krita’s audience to get a better insight on what types of users want and expect what things out of Krita.

If you could take time out of your day to help me out, that would be wicked!

Honestly it isn’t clear to me what you’re looking for. You mention documentation needs, but most of the stuff you mention are more about what you’d like Krita to do and the limitations of it.

If you want to get responses (at all perhaps) maybe try and come up with a few basic questions you want answered, like a survey or something like that.

Good luck

1 Like

Questions that need to be answered.

• Your name (Or username)
  • Job Title
  • How you use Krita (If art, then what kind, if used for other things, then what?)
  • What is your level of computer experience
  • What features do you like and/or dislike
  • How long have you been using Krita
  • Does Krita meet your expectations
  • What things would you like Krita to add
    Then any other information you would like to give about yourself, Krita, or your uses of Krita
  • Your name (Or username): Răzvan Rădulescu aka razcore on the nets
  • Job Title: Freelance Game Dev.
  • How you use Krita (If art, then what kind, if used for other things, then what?): I’m a hobbyist in digital painting and art and I’m using it to further my skills, eventually I’d like to use it in real projects in entertainment development: games, movies, books etc.
  • What is your level of computer experience: Advanced
  • What features do you like and/or dislike: I’ll focus on the dislike because it’s easier to pin-point, you can take the rest like I like :slight_smile:
    • SVG handling, especially the text tool is horrible
    • the assistants (vanishing points, ellipse etc.) are useful, but some of them like the ones based on ellipses are almost useless because they’re very hard to manipulate through the handle points
    • the transform warp and cage options are pretty useless since they’re very hard to manipulate. We need something like the warp tool from Photoshop with bezier curves that produces smooth transformations
    • the resources management system is pretty old and I know it’s on the todo list to be upgraded, but especially the tagging system is buggy as hell
  • How long have you been using Krita: about 4 years
  • Does Krita meet your expectations: knowing it’s a large open source project it does, I of course wish it would be better as we strive for perfection
  • What things would you like Krita to add: really just fix the issues I outlined in the “dislike” section

Then any other information you would like to give about yourself, Krita, or your uses of Krita: so we made at GDQuest the Krita Batch Exporter plugin which was officially integrated into the code base not too long ago. It’s a cool plugin really useful for exporting assets for games and helping out organizing your output. Give it a star on GitHub and perhaps see if any of you can contribute to it to make it the best exporters :slight_smile:

Thanks.

1 Like

If you’re interested in the documentation needs of users, shouldn’t you be asking what people like and dislike about the main website, the manual and the deeper technical infomation (e.g. plugin scripting/coding) which is stored in various places?

The manual: https://docs.krita.org/en/