Autopilot mode doodling to keep in shape

I’ve been stuck for several months on my storyboard.
So to keep in shape, I do that kind of doodle.
It’s like what I output when I turn into autopilot…

40 Likes

BURP

11 Likes

Color smudge engine !

8 Likes

Back to round brush + opacity + flow control

7 Likes

I was not happy with the last one and all the hard look and feel. I tried to losen up a bit.

4 Likes

trying less contrast !

2 Likes

Doll it up !

This one is approx 30mins, I don’t remember and didn’t mark it down :frowning:
looking at 80 and 55 with a fresher eye, I feel so ashamed I posted such things XD
Edit: oh and now i can’t look at this one either lol

5 Likes

I really like this one. Nice work!
(#80)

1 Like

Oh I realized I didn’t reply here ! Thank you so much !

1 Like

Smudge again. This time not because I wanted it, but because it feels closer to the challenges I would have to face I was holding a physical brush.

Here it’s nearly 7 am. I woke up a while ago. I think I need a good nap.

2 Likes

Didn’t expect the background to have such impact

7 Likes

And just for fun, some early stages:

1 Like

I wanted to make a woman that inspires strength, wildness, and benevolence. But I feel like it’s not really what I did. Still not able to put my finger on things until a do a few more. Maybe, I’ll change the approach like: drawing a kinda killer guy and girlify him…

3 Likes

Strength: :heavy_check_mark:
Wildness: :heavy_check_mark:
Benevolence: ~

Maybe make her smile a little to get the benevolence in?

Also I’m wondering about your numbers. Do they indicate the version of the image?
At first I thought you numbered your portraits, but that seems odd when you’re going from 58 to 25. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha i thought the hardest would be wildness/strenght aspect!
Numbers are minutes provided by krita document info (only counts time when you do stuff i think).

1 Like

This morning I tried dressing some wild hair just like that.
Well, well, Now I’m fully conscious I need to get some serious references.
PS: no minutes indicated but 24 for the head and then reached 40minutes for the whole bunch.

1 Like

Ok I’m not gonna draw this any further… but I’ll just fix his eye, oh and why is the hair red? Ok now stop and leave… but I’m just gonna fix his beard and this and that and…

3 Likes

HAH! Of course I swore to myself the last one was the LAST!
So I made yet another one <_<
This one is color smudge from scratch to finish. I need to be patient with the muddy feeling in the beginning. But I told myself that was more likely to behave like this on a real canvas than what I get with my ultra-crisp, hard-edged brushes…
btw I’m pretty happy with how much I could achieve in 35 mins. I thought I would have a way harder time than that…The previous one was nearly 90 mins after all

1 Like

I feel like I have a harder time controling volumes/values with the color smudge brush.
His face looks pampered

I retouched it a bit

3 Likes