Brush isn't working

Type of device* : 2 in 1 laptop
Brand and version of the device: ASUS Vivobook Flip 14
System** : Windows 10

* graphics tablet/display tablet/2-in-1 laptop/Android tablet
** Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, + version (you’ll find it in Help -> Show system information for bug reports)

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots):

Yesterday, I updated to Krita Version 4.4.8, and it was working fine. But after a few hours, when I tried drawing, no ink strokes that I make will show up. I can see my cursor and the outline of the brush, but whenever I actually try to draw, nothing appears. Krita will show the little asterisk at the top by the drawing name (*) whenever I try to make a mark, which means that I’ve made a change, but nothing actually shows up.

I know that it’s not an issue with my laptop or stylus, because on other softwares that I use (e.g. OneNote, Whiteboard), my ink strokes show up fine. I am not drawing on the Group Layer, and even when I a new layer to draw on, outside of the Group Layer, nothing is showing up.

You have selected eraser as your brush

You have eraser mode on ( toggle with e )

Check your selection

You are drawing with white color

Your opacity is zero

Hello, thank you for your quick reply. However, my eraser brush is not selected, eraser mode is not on, I am not drawing with a white color, and my opacity isn’t zero (I am drawing on the same visible layer). Now that you mention it and I have checked for all your possible solutions, my eraser brushes are not working either. It is the same problem – I can see the outline of the brush shape when I move my pen, but nothing is actually erasing.

Does Select → Deselect or pressing Ctrl + Shift + A for Deselect resolve your issue?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Stroke from Huion doesn’t show up on my Mac

Are you able to record a quick session showing the problem?