Brush Lag On Krita

Type of device* : Graphic Tablet/ Laptop
Brand and version of the device: Huion HS611 Tablet/ Lenova Yoga C740 2n1
System** : Windows 10, Krita 4.4.3

* graphics tablet/display tablet/2-in-1 laptop/Android tablet
** Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, + version (you’ll find it in Help -> Show system information for bug reports)

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots):

Hello, Krita was working normally yesterday for me. Starting today, however, every brushstroke I make begins to lag. I would even turn off the stabilizer and all of my brushes would still lag with every other brushstroke. I have also tried changing the settings under the Canvas Graphics Accelerations, from changing the Preferred Renderer, the Scaling Mode, to even disabling the Canvas Graphics Accelerations completely. The brushstrokes would still continue to lag.

I have been using Krita for over a year now, so I am not entirely sure what could have caused this. Any suggestions would help greatly.

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If this happened overnight then something has changed.

Have you been using 4.4.3 for a long time?
Did Windows have an update?
Have you installed any other applications or utilties that run at the same time or permanently?
Does the Windows Task Manager show high overall CPU or RAM usage?
Have you started using a larger canvas?

With Brush Smoothing set to None, does it lag with the Basic_1 or Basic_2 Opacity brushes?
Does it lag with a mouse?

I have been using the Krita 4.4.3 version since around April 20th of this year. There was an update for Windows around the end of May. I have not installed any other applications or utilities unto my computer. CPU usage is usually low when I use my computer and the app, around 8% to 22%. As for my canvas, I usually stay around 1000x1000, unless I want to make the canvas wider. In this case, I used a 2000x1000 canvas.

I just checked it today and it seems to be working normally now. I tried out the Basic_1 brush, the Basic_2 Opacity brush, and the mouse pad, which are now being used normally with no lag. I am still unsure what could have caused the lag and I am concerned about it happening again.

It’s a mystery. The only other area of concern I can think of is how much RAM you have on your laptop and how much RAM is being used by Windows and any background services when you have no user applications running.

If you have only 4GB of RAM then that could be a problem in some situations.
If you have more then 4GB of RAM then it shouldn’t be a problem.