Call for writers, proofreaders and contributors for the manual

As all of you know, Krita manual is maintained and written by few devs and volunteers from the core Krita team. Often it is only Wolthera working on it. I wish to call our larger community to spend some time and contribute to the manual to make it more complete and accurate.

To make things simple for new members, I propose that you read the manual and report any inaccuracies, outdated content or grammatical errors here in this post as reply. I will try to correct those in the repository.

For people who are comfortable with git you can dive right in the repository and put a Merge request. More information about it is here.

My larger goal is for us to become a team who will lessen the burden from the developers for manual writing. If you have any doubts you can message me or ping me.

9 Likes

Anybody is interested to volunteer for this?

1 Like

6 months later

Ouch. Well I don’t claim any kind of expertise on Krita and unfortunately don’t have the time to make smooth tutorials or rich pages, but I can go through the English translation and make corrections on the docs-krita-org repository.

Random question, but just to make sure: Is there a decided, uniform way to say a feature or aspects of a feature are only available from version x.y.z and onward, or how they work differently for version a.b.c?

while writing the manual we denote it this way

.. versionchanged:: 4.1

or

.. versionadded:: 4.1

This says when the new feature was added or when a certain feature was changed.

Thanks for the help and interest in this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey, I just started out with Krita on a Mac (actually, using an iPad Pro with Astropad as a drawing tablet - it even works :slight_smile: ). From what I’ve seen so far, the docs don’t mention the different keyboard layouts. E.g., where the manual says “ctrl”, it’s usually the cmd key on Apple, there is no “Ins” key, etc.

Or maybe I just haven’t found that information yet.

I wouldn’t mind adding sth. to the documention, if it’s really not there.

1 Like

Im interested, it sounds fun, even though I might not always have loads of time. I work with things adjacent to what you ask for, so perhaps I can contribute a little. Also, I’m not a native English speaker, which could be an issue.

Example image is missing.
https://docs.krita.org/en/reference_manual/layers_and_masks/selection_masks.html

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this.

I have sent a merge request to add the missing image here.

Now it looks like this

1 Like

Just a PSA that I haven’t forgotten my pledge here to review all the English strings. I am around 12 files in with something like 40-50 changes so far, though I was distracted with some rather important life stuff for a sec. Now I’m back to it

Update: not at the moment any more; sorry to flake. I need to trim commitments to spend less time in front of the screen. Currently it consumes almost my entire waking day.