Color jumps when I switch between Freehand Path tool and Poligonal Selection tool.

Please help, I’ve seen this problem for white a while and it’s really bugging me recently.
Like the title said, when I switch between the Freehand Path Tool and the Polygonal Selection tool,
the color seems like it jumped to white or black in the Advance Color selector.

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I see this happen in 4.3.0 and it’s not something that’s been fixed in the latest Stable/Plus release. When the colour does jump in the Advanced Colour Selector, it doesn’t affect the painted colour and it doesn’t affect the other colour selectors.

Can you raise a formal bug report at: https://bugs.kde.org/ ?
(Sign up and sign in are needed.)

When you’ve raised the bug report, please post the link in a reply here.

1 Like

Apparently it jumps to your background color.

Advanced Color Selector reacts to both foreground and background color changes (and selects background color when you use the right mouse button).

I don’t know why the tool switch updates the background color, but I’ve actually been waiting something like this to happen. :stuck_out_tongue:

Workaround: swap foreground/background colors twice to get the foreground color back in the selector.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll raise the bug report.

Thank you for you reply, it does jump to the background color I think and your workaround definitely brought back the color. Though it’s a bit hard for my normal workflow so I think I’ll stay with this until the bug is fixed.