Could not find root

Hello!
I created a file may 2nd. Saved it as always and closed it last night.
Today, I cannot open it and get “Could not find root” as a message.
The doc is 32,2 MB, See that I was accessing today but cannot open it.

This is version 5.0.6

I see in the General Box in properties no infos for Width, Height etc.

How can this be fixed. I don’t want to loose my work.

Thanks for helping :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

That “Could not find root” message indicates a fault in the content/structure of your .kra file.

I don’t know what or where the ‘General Box’ is but if the .kra file can’t be opened then there will be no information about its contents.

Have you had any kind of lockup/freeze or crash while you were Saving it?

If you look in the folder where the .kra file is stored, there should be a backup file with the same name but a .kra~ extension.
You’ll need to have your file manager set to show hidden files to be able to see that.
You can rename it to a .kra extension and try to open it to see if it has useful content for you.

Another thing you can try is to use the ZipRepair utility on the ‘broken’ .kra file. An internet search will find it for you.
Rename the .kra file to a .zip file then use ZipRepair on it, then rename the repaired file back to a .kra file to see if it can then be opened.

If none of that works, you could make it available via a link to a file sharing service or website so that somebody here might have a look at it to see if they can get anything out of it.

It worked with first suggestion!

Thank you!!! :slight_smile:

Elaine

2 Likes