Crashing in Mac 10

krita was working well until I changed the RGB settings and it crashed. so every time I reopen it only displays the opening of the software and then it crashes. following that a krita error pops up and suggests to reopen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the new and previous versions. 4.4.2, 4.4.8 and 5.0

I’m not sure what you mean with “the RGB settings”? In any case, you should try resetting the settings instead of reinstalling Krita: Krita FAQ — Krita Manual 5.0.0 documentation

ok, will try and get back. thank you.

Thank you for your advice!!, the link to copying kritarc.backup to kritaarc worked. The process that led to this issue was the following:

Advanced colour selector-> in docker-> dropdown box HSY’->clicked Colour selector->changed model to RGB/Alpha->selected profile to scRGB(linear).

I’ve just tried that plus a few variations using 5.0.2 on Debian 10, with no resulting problems.

Can your crash, followed by a permanent problem, be reliably repeated?

If it can and if you can fix it by restoring kritarc.backup then please make the ‘crashed’ (i.e. before restoration) kritarc file available via a link to a file sharing service or website.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.