Damaged When Downloaded

I had originally downloaded Krita in 2018 and just came back to it and thought that I should delete it and then reinstall a new one. It then said I needed to verify it after the installer was downloaded and then went through verification after trying to open it for the first time.

All of this is fine, but I had to do this 4 times and every time I finally try to open it, it then tells me that the program is brokenI have an apple so could someone explain whats going on here? I just wasn’t to get back to drawing…

The Latest version is from March, and its May 19th when this started.

(I don’t to need someone saying “That didn’t happen to me”. That is not helpful)

I just want to get back to drawing again.

This has been asked before and was solved in this thread:

Hope it helps.

It does but how do I remove the COM.APPLE.QUARANTINE?

I’m not an apple user but apparently it was mentioned in post number 8 of the thread

1 Like

Thanks I’ll try that.

I also had this problem and literally tried different ways of opening it until it worked. I can’t tell you why exactly, but when I opened up the launcher and double clicked the application instead of dragging it into my applications folder it worked! I had deleted all other versions of krita at that time, but idk if that had anything to do with it. I also hadn’t updated in a long time and am on a mac.

EDIT: the solution above was only temporary, and lasted until I ejected the installation software.
Ended up ACTUALLY fixing it by following this tutorial:

Hi,

I upgraded from High Sierra to Catalina and still couldn’t get arouind this problem, despite trying all the previously suggested ‘fixes’. The only thing that worked for me was the fix described in the video above. Krita 4.4.3 now opening & functioning fine on my Mac. Many thanks for finding/sharing the link and to the author of the video.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.