Delete old topics

Hello everyone,
I was wondering how can I delete my old works from this forum, I somehow got a little better in drawing and I’d like to renew my gallery.
Thanks for your answers.

1 Like

Just stand by yourself and your development, you were proud when you posted your works once, otherwise you wouldn’t have posted them, so why want to delete them today?

Michelist

2 Likes

You got a point somehow, but that’s not my general philosophy.
I just want to show my best and don’t look back

Then continue doing your best and don’t look at your old posts just like you said you philosophy is. That aside this site is mostly a forum and not an art gallery therefore it lacks pretty much all tools an online gallery would have, like deleting or hiding old posts. Only thing you could do is flag your own topics for moderation but when admins constantly have to clean up for you they may not be very happy.

With a higher user rank you could delete older topics but the maximum is still a week, if I’m not mistaken, and I’m not sure you can delete topics someone has already replied to.

1 Like

Just send me a private message with the links that you want to delete. I can delete it for you.

2 Likes

I can understand!

1 Like

You’re right about this site being a forum and not an art gallery, I didn’t think about it and that changes my perspective about my request.
I’m sorry I asked, I was just acting as I normally do on other platforms.
It was just a whim so I’ll wait to do it later if possible or I’ll let it as it is, it’s really not a big deal.
Thank you for your answer

1 Like

Thank you for kind offer but Takiro just made me realize my request was unjustified and it doesn’t matter anymore.
Anyway I appreciate very much your kindness, thank you

3 Likes

I’m glad you had a change of heart. :slightly_smiling_face:

I think there’s sense in culling old works if you’re using a gallery as a portfolio for clients - like if you have your own website, or on a more gallery oriented site like Artstation. Even then - I hope most clients would have the sense to focus on an artist current works, and see any progress as a positive sign.

For a forum like this I think it’s good for the community to maintain a history, as there’s more conversation and feedback. If I’m writing feedback on artwork it’s helpful if I can look through an artists past works to see how they’re progressing - to offer encouragement and maybe identify were issues are recurring.

3 Likes

What you wrote makes sense and I respect your opinion, I just changed my mind because someone made me remember that this is a forum and not a portfolio.
In my personal experience clients aren’t really interested in an artist
development and often posting works that are really far from present achievements can be a risk, but that’s my personal experience and I’m sure many people had a different one from mine.
I like what you wrote about conversation and feedback, that is for sure what a forum is meant for. People’s comments helped a lot to see some sides of my works I wasn’t aware of and that resulted in some kind of improvements. I have to thanks this place for helping me grow

1 Like