Digital Pencil Drawing using Krita and G’MIC

Hello again. I recently wrote a new article on my art blog about a cool method of creating lovely natural / traditional looking textures by using Krita and G’MIC and tips on my process of doing a digital pencil style drawing.
Digital Pencil Drawing using Krita and G’MIC
There are links to the (free) resources I find useful for this technique, and I also created a starter template file and pattern textures which you can find on my Gumroad (free with the discount coupon in the description).

3 Likes

I’m contributing some hand made pencil, charcoal and pastel textures to G’MIC. They will be available in the next 2.9.7 release in the Artistic stylization filter.

I also updated the article I wrote with a video on how to use any texture with the filter.

I’ve been working on some more hand made textures for this technique which I’m going to make into a texture pack soon for anyone who wants to try them.

Conte pencil, carbon and coloured pencil on newsprint paper and bristol board is my latest experiment. I hadn’t used newsprint paper before, but it has a really nice feel and look to it.

I made some watercolour textures as well.

3 Likes

I’ve written a bit more about the textures I’ve been making on my blog and there is a link to the download for them on my Gumroad page with a 100% discount code “pencilsquirrel” (I couldn’t put them at 0 price because they are more than 25mb).

2 Likes