Distortion of brushes at high resolution

Hello, when I try to draw at 7000 pixels in Krita the program freezes. Also, the settings of the brushes are distorted. I do not have the same problem in photoshop. But I want to use Krita. Do you know what the problem is?

Hi, welcome to the forum
By 7000 pixels do you mean the size of the canvas or brush? My pc cannot always handle large canvas sizes or brush strokes but it may be possible you are using an outdated version of Krita. I am also pretty sure that the brush size only goes up to 1000 pixels.
But if photoshop is working fine then I expect that you are using an old version of Krita and that is the source of the problem. So I would recommend installing the most recent version of Krita.
However I am not sure as to what to do with the brush problem, you should be able to just click the brush icon and adjust the settings but if the problem is more deep rooted I hope that installing Krita again will remove the old presets. I hope my advice comes in useful

More information would be useful for understanding what is happening.

Please do Help ā†’ Show system information for bug reports, then copy-paste the entire contents of the resulting window in a reply here.

Also, post a full screen screenshot (.png) of the krita window when you are having the problem.

Iā€™m not sure what you mean by that so please explain more, ideally with screenshots.

Reinstalling or updating krita will not make any difference to the existing brush presets in the personal resources folder but updating to the latest release version is always a good idea.

2 Likes

It is possible to change the default 1000px brush size limit in Configure Krita->General->Miscellaneous->Maximum Brush Size.

1 Like

Thank you! You solved my problem. :slight_smile: