Do Trust Levels decrese over time?

Just wanted to put a topic that was in the wrong category into another one and found out I can’t do this anymore. Noticed my Trust Level went down from Regular to Member.

Yes, Regular -> Member happens automatically because of the very complicated system explained here: https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

Crud. Is there a way to check which requirements I do not fulfill anymore or which I do?

I’d give you mine if that stopped discourse from collecting all these statistics about me :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m assuming it’s one of these two requirements you stopped meeting:

“Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)”
“Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)”

Wow! Those limits are a little obscene though. Luckily I doubt this site has reached that level of activity.

Yes some of the defaults are strict. But after certain time of tinkering and using this forum. I think the default they have chosen makes sense when community grows. I found that we were going back to defaults after we found ourselves in a scenario where the values made sense. Like the minimum number of characters for the title. we chose to reduce it to 3, then came the 3 letter posts with nonsensical titles , soon we reverted to a higher number.

@Takiro I’ll check out your level. May be if assigned by mods it won’t demote automatically

I just miss the ability to refile some topics sometimes, when they are accidentally created in the wrong category by a newcomer. However, I do not absolutely need it (although it was kinda cool to have a title next to the user name x3).
I bet it was the “likes received” criteria that I missed since I mostly read stuff and don’t post much lately.

1 Like