Draw small details?

Hi!
I’ve had Krita for a while, but still learning, and I learn something new every time I use it. But there is 1 thing I just can’t do and I’ve tried SO many ways…
I am used to drawing with pencil and paper… so drawing for example eyelashes is easier to draw and make realistic. But with Krita, drawing the eyelashes, they end up too thick, or “dotted” when I try to make the pen smaller. I can’t get it right with the small details.
So, please help.! :slight_smile:

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

If you want to draw small details on a digital image then you need to start with an larger image size, measured in pixels.
There is a fundamental limit to the resolution of a digital image and that is the individuial pixels.

Even if you use a larger image size to begin with, when the entire image is displayed on a computer monitor then the limit of display resolution will be the pixel size of the monitior, so small details in the image will not be seen or will be blurred or ‘dotted’.

If you use the Pixel Art brush preset, maybe set to a low opacity, you could try to ‘build up’ small details but this would be a fiddly and painstaking task.
You could try that to see how it works for you.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your reply. I’ll try that.! :slight_smile:

If you’re really new to digital painting, I would recomment Getting started with Krita (1/3) - David Revoy – it shows how to setup your canvas, get the values right, then the colors, then the details.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.