Dusk in Canvas

Increased resolution please see and advice

Please see the painting in Canvas background

4 Likes

Nice colors and improvement in the landscape painting
I would suggest you to put more high resolution picture.

1 Like

This is 600 ppi how to increase the resolution further? Is it by making the image size small. Please advice!

Choose the dimension of the image close to real life paper. You can can choose from the presets in the New File Dialogue box . Read about it here - https://docs.krita.org/en/user_manual/getting_started/starting_krita.html

Generally 600 ppi is overkill. you can use 300 or 150 for normal projects. The dimension can be around 1000px - 2000px in both width and hieght.

The ppi (pixels per inch) figure is only of interest or relevance if you intend to print the image. Then you need to specify the paper dimensions which will give you a resulting image size (in pixels) as required for printing that sized image at the ppi figure you chose.
For an ordinary/domestic printer, 300 ppi is a very good physical image resolution and 150 ppi may be good enough for some types of images, e.g posters, etc.

Your painting has an attractive subject with good composition and color palette but it’s only 500 pixels by 379 pixels in size. I have an old 1280 x 1024 monitor and if I look at it displayed at full screen size, I can see the individual pixels of your painting.

Your updated image is 550 x 417 which I assume was simply scaled up. This can’t improve things and the individual pixels are still visible when viewed at fullscreen. You can’t add detail by scaling up. The only way you can improve the ‘technical’ appearance is to start with a larger canvas size.

2 Likes

so by starting the drawing itself I have to use big canvas A4(300ppi) with width height 1000 to 2000 range After completing the drawing we can not do anything on this issue right? Next time I will try that

The A4(300ppi) predefined template will automatically give you an image size of 3508 x 2480 pixels (landscape orientation) which is fine for producing detailed images for printing onto A4 paper.
You can proceed with that if you want to.

That image size is overkill if you only want to post images to websites but you can try it if you want to.

(There are detailed technical reasons why some people use a larger image size than needed and then scale it down for publishing on a website but that’s a separate issue.)

I suggest that you enter a width of 1600 x 1200 (or 1200 x 1200 depending what aspect ratio you want) .

Now that you’ve completed your painting on an initial 500 x 379 canvas, you can’t improve the visual detail or appearance. I notice that you’ve tried scaling it up again and all that’s done is blur out the boundaries between individual pixels.

If you start with a larger initial canvas size, I’m sure you’ll notice an improvement in the technical appearance of your paintings. I’ll look forward to seeing the next one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much for spending time for me I will start with the canvas size and resolution as you told…

2 Likes

Also while resizing the painting it would be good if you preserve aspect ratio. That is the ratio between width and height of the image should be preserved while scaling up or else the image will look squished. If you see your scaled up image in the post the sun looks oval now. So if you have a 300px X 400px image then you need to preserve aspect ration and make it 900px X 1200px or 600px X 800px etc.

1 Like

Thank you I got it I removed the tick mark on the aspect ratio dialogue box i will correct the errors next time Ahab also suggested some tips