Face studies

I managed to be the most productive I’ve ever been and did these studies yesterday. I think I’m finally starting to like my process so now I’m also getting faster at it.
Each one took about 4-ish hours, the lineart about 1-1.5 hours and the painting itself about 3.
Doing 4 portrait studies at one go was really intimidating, but it was super useful, like how I should focus on the temperature difference of colors rather than accuracy. The likeness is still questionable, but I wasn’t focusing too much on it, at least they look “recognizable”.

Here’s the lineart. I merge it with the underpainting then start blending the lines. This seems to keep my proportion in line (pun intended) and give me sharp edges quite easily. It makes the whole process much faster, even tho it might not sound like it.

40 Likes

These are really impressive, great job. :slight_smile:
I love this painterly look (will have to recreate this brush from many does in one line, and learn how to use it), and how they pop out from the background (such a nice contrast).
Top right is definitely my favorite by the way, but they all work well as a whole.

1 Like

Krita community has amazing artist

1 Like

Thank you! The rakey brush is just a blending brush with no color rate and smudging set to “smearing”.

1 Like

Oh stop it, you’re too kind! XD

Excellent work! And thanks for the explanation of your workflow, it’s always nice to get an insight into other people’s workflow!

1 Like

You rock! Love them all

2 Likes

Thank you!

Great Kire

1 Like

Thank you!

I love how all the different colouring in the various faces all work together in a painterly way. Nothing seems out of place. The mark of a true artist. Nicely done !

1 Like

Thank you! Cheers!

Wow, hi level in there! very very nice. I love the asian one face expression

Thanks Nlx! It’s actually kinda difficult to find interesting portraits for studies, because everyone is making the same serious/bored expression

Completly agree!

1 Like