File menu -> revert

Is there a quick way to revert to the last saved version of the image?

1 Like

The backup file, filename.kra~.
You’ll need to enable the display of ‘hidden’ files in your file explorer app to see them.
Rename it as filename-previous.kra, or whatever.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s what bleke meant, the backup would be the second to last save…

And no I don’t think there is a more direct way than closing and reopening the file, I’ve looked for it a few times myself…

1 Like

I would just suggest using Save Incremental Version instead of Save. Then you have access to all versions saved previously. Works best for me.

EDIT: Alright, I guess @Lynx3d has the actual answer, I guess I misunderstood :slight_smile: Still I hope it will be useful for you.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies everyone! Incremental versions sounds like they would work great to fill up my disk space in no time. :slight_smile: But I guess it’s a good way to make a progress animation later.

On another note you can also make use of snapshotting feature. There is a snapshot docker. Where you can have snapshots and then revert to that snapshot whenever you need.

1 Like

Awesome! I suspect that it will also fill up the disk, but it seems really quick to work with.

I’ll just have to keep the amount of snapshots manageable. :slight_smile:

I don’t think it will fill up disk. The snapshots are there only for the session. If you close krita they will be gone. They are basically like undo history

1 Like

That’s just perfect

@Lynx3d : If the session is still open, you can switch to your file-explorer and make a copy of filename.kra then open the copy.
It depends where you are, what you’re doing and what you want.
There are always at least three different ways of doing something :slight_smile:

I also miss the “Revert” command in the File menu that so many other programs have. That would be a nice addition.

Have you checked the solution that bleke chose?

1 Like

If you mean the snapshot approach - yes. Cheers. But that’s different from a simple File->Revert which works well for quickly reverting the file you’re just working on.