First animation with Krita

I wanted to make an animation on my own with only Krita from start to finish (no paper, only on computer), in order to test the possibilities of Krita and me.
I’m a beginner on Krita, I didn’t have much time at the time I made this animation, and I used the basic features of Krita.
The only real difficulty I encountered was the total rendering with only Krita. I had to use Flowblade to edit 7 sequences rendered with Krita which could not render the whole animation with my 16G ram pc.
I know this animation is not amazing, but this project opened the door to a wonderful tool for my pen-tablet and my humble creativity.
Krita brings me a lot of pleasure and the desire to share it.

Many thanks to KRITA!
Long live KRITA!

Note: I work under Debian GNU/LINUX and xfce4, because freedom is expression. (I don’t use KDE, but I like it anyway).

6 Likes

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Your artwork is nice to see and the ‘reveal’ technique was very well done.
Thank you for showing it and I hope to see more of your work in the future.

1 Like

Wonderful animation. I like the drawing style and also the animation style. It gives a feel of stopmotion.

Debian xfce is a wonderful system. If I may ask do you use the repository version or the appimage (For me the repository version seems old in debian fortunately you can use appimage)

1 Like

Thank you for your comment.
I hope I have enough time to do new projects with Krita (I already have a lot in my head) and present them here.
One is already in Krita, it was supposed to be for the Four Season Contest, but I didn’t have time to finish it.

I use the appimage, the repository version is indeed an earlier version (if I remember correctly 4.1.?).
Yes, Debian is the best wonderfull os, and Xfce suits him so well !