Freezing on welcome window

My Krita freezes when oppened later.
Exemple: when i open Krita as a first program on my computer, it open correcly… but if I open others program first and after a time open Krita, it just open the welcome screen (where are recent projects, etc) and freeze.

All topcs that i found this problem dont have a solution.

My spec:
CPU: Intel Core i5-8400 (2.80GHz)
RAM: 34 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTW 1060 6GB
Tablet Huion H950P

Windows 10

Can you tell us the version number of Krita you’re using? And are you able to click on one of your recent documents from the welcome screen or is the recent document list frozen, too? (on the welcome screen the tools will appear frozen as they’re not really active until a document has been opened).

In addition to the question by @Sooz, is your Windows fully updated?

And just out of curiosity, do you really have 34 GB of RAM in your Computer, or is it a typo? Because that is a really uncommon configuration…

Michelist

1 Like

I’m using version 4.4.8 and my windows is fully updated (drivers include).
Sorry, I means 32GB of RAM.

I cant click anywhere on the screen, it was totally frozen. I can only close by task manager.
If i try open direcly the document, it open, but frozen instatly after opened.

As I said, when this occur, I need to restart the computer and try open Krita just first program.

It’s not really comfortable, but you already have a solution to work with Krita :wink: But maybe something can be improved…

If you are NOT using the portable version of Krita, but the EXE-installer version, you could try this tip. If it works, then you know it’s your current configuration.

Michelist