Get rid of unsaved files, is it possible?

Hey!
When I save my projects, I choose both .kra (Krita Image Document) and .jpeg.
I put these in two different folders and noticed that a lot of extra files are saved (without me pressing save).
I wonder if it is possible to get rid of the extra files? (which I myself have not chosen to save)

Hallo @virror,

are you talking about files with an ending like this “*.kra~”? If sogo to “Settings” >> “Configure Krita” >> “General” and choose the Tab “File Handling” there you have to remove the little “Hook” before “Create a Backup File on Saving” and confirm with “OK”.

Michelist

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! It was useful.
But it’s another .jpg file that is automatically saved with “Krita” logo.
I want to get rid of it.

Yeh, I’m p sure it’s an auto-save file. However, I do not recommend disabling the Auto-save, you’ll lose your drawings if something happens to the program.

That this file has a Krita logo is because you have *.JPG files associated with Krita. Every *.JPG file on your computer will have this Krita logo, but this has nothing to do with Krita! Look in the folder “c:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\Network Sharing”, the *.JPG-files in there are original from Microsoft and they will have the Krita logo too, I think.

Michelist

@virror hello, your file extension seems to be hiden, i think the file you mention is the .kra of your document with .jpg in his name… maybe

Oh yeah, you’re right, I missed that!

Michelist

I’m not sure, but do you think it’s a bug?

I don’t think so, but nothing is impossible.
Could you check if this box is checked in the save dialog?

Michelist

You can change Windows settings to display the extensions to check your files.

If that box is not checked, the unwanted .jpg file (with the “Krita”-logo) disappears.

1 Like

I am happy for you!
As you can see it was also not a bug, sometimes you just need to be told the right thing, and when @mako said that your file extensions are hidden I thought of the solution, you are not the first with this problem, but everyone describes his problem differently and then it can take time until a light comes up and shows you the way to the solution! :slight_smile:

Have a nice day and have fun with Krita!

Michelist

1 Like

i think the file with .jpg and krita logo is not a jpg, it’s your krita file (.kra), just the extension is hidden and the name is wrong, containing .jpg in it.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.