got two lines 'following' my cursor centered on an object I cannot select

So, there’s this grey object in my image (labeled #2 in the picture), and two thin lines centered on the axis that it follows (each labeled #1).

The thin lines move away and toward the object, following my cursor and never change orientation, they are always parallel to the object.

The object isn’t on a layer, as hiding every layer still displays it. The object is persistent across restarts of Krita and the PC (Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 7). The object is also persistent across PCs (PC#2: Ryzen 9, 40GB RAM, Windows 10 Desktop)

What is this “feature” so I can turn it off? Nothing I’ve selected or deselected has worked and it’s distracting asf, literally preventing me from working on my piece.

Hi,

It’s hard to be sure at 100%, but it looks like a painting assistant a bit squeezed ( Painting with Assistants — Krita Manual 4.4.0 documentation ) .

To remove it, switch to the painting assistant tool (in toolbar) and then when you’ll put your cursor near the object; you’ll have option to remove the assistant (icon appearing).

1 Like

That was EXACTLY it.

THANK YOU <3

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.