Help With Krita

Type of device* : Tablet XP pen
Brand and version of the device: 13.3 Pro
System** : Microsoft

* graphics tablet/display tablet/2-in-1 laptop/Android tablet
** Windows/Linux/Mac/Android, + version (you’ll find it in Help -> Show system information for bug reports)

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots): When I accidentally close krita on my tablet instead of my desktop screen, when I open it again it won’t load at all. It shows it as a blank white screen no matter what I do. I have to do this thing where I open krita with the tablet off, turn it on, then close it. Turn the tablet back on and open krita then once it’s good to go, restart my computer to have my tablet screen on and use krita. The program works fine when it’s on but recently I got a second screen and now the white screen won’t go away. I don’t want to uninstall and reinstall krita every time I forget to close it on my desktop. Is there a workaround or a way to fix this?

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Am I right in assuming that you’re using Windows 10?
Which version of krita are you using?

Your display-tablet is being used as an additional monitor and disconnecting additional monitors can cause confusion for Windows.

It may be that every time you connect it, you need to go into the Windows display arrangement settings to make sure it’s suitably set up and adjust it if it’s not.

Do you use it with an extended desktop setting or duplicated on the main monitor and the display-tablet?
I appreciate the beneft of an extended desktop but if you’re going to be connecting and disconnecting it then you may save yourself a lot of problems by using a duplicated desktop.

Uninstalling and reinstalling krita won’t fix anything. This is not a krita problem it’s a Windows display thing.

Do you now have two ‘main’ monitors connected to your video card output plus the occasional connection of your display-tablet?
This would be a complicated situation.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.