Hi, I'm a CSP refugee, I guess?

Hi, so I’m yet another artist hailing from Clip Studio Paint after the subscription announcement. I’ve tried Krita out a little bit last night (or at least till 6am), and it’s pretty neat so far, but I haven’t quite got the hang of it yet. I’ve become so accustomed to one program that I’m kinda lost in regards to the new one. I know I’ll get the knack of it eventually, but these are my first impressions at the moment.
Hope I don’t cause any trouble here.

17 Likes

Welcome to the forum. If you have any questions just make a new topic and community will try to help you. Just give detailed information about your issue :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum, feel free to ask and join the conversation.

If you have things you wish to krita to improve on - feel free to join the development discussion ^-^.

3 Likes

Welcome to Krita and the forum, @ByThePowerOfDUSKULL. I remember how awkward it felt the first few times I used Krita. Feel free to create posts anytime you have a question. There are a lot of helpful people here.

1 Like

Your granted artistic asylum.

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

I wonder if there’s more of you CSP people out there migrating to Krita…
…on the other, hand, welcome aboard.

6 Likes

@ByThePowerOfDUSKULL If you want help/advice and discussion about krita then you’ve come to the right place so welcome :slight_smile:

There’s a very good manual if you’re into that sort of thing:
Welcome to the Krita 5.0 Manual! — Krita Manual 5.0.0 documentation

Also, a very large number of YouTube tutorial and information videos that you can easily find. Try to concentrate on the more recent ones, say within the past year and especially the ones for version 5.x.

2 Likes

Welcome! You will love Krita, especially its brush engine.

Hi, welcome. I was using Krita before getting accustomed to CSP and this open-source project was my first love. The only reason why I had purchased the “lifetime” (?) license of Clip Studio is that it is especially optimized for comics, making things a bit faster for mangaka or comic artists. However, I came back to Krita because it’s much more valuable to support a beautiful community like this than give extra money to those half-scammers. That’s why I made a lot of research on workarounds to obtain the same results in Krita. If you are also a comic/manga artist, maybe I can give you some tips or recommend the best tutorials I could find besides the official ones. Otherwise, know that Krita has a lot of potential, it’s just that certain functionalities are still a bit more hidden or named differently, but in my experience you can do the overwhelming majority of things you were used to doing with CSP. It only has more of a learning curve but once you internalized how it works it’s super comfy.

4 Likes

Same here! But I’ve been trying to get used to it and it has been a manageable transition! Never hesitate to look something up online and ask questions here if you’re having trouble with something.

4 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like