How did you get into digital drawing/painting?

Pokémon and fanarts in general were a huge drive for me too, when I was a kid. I started with the red edition, though. I still do Pokemon fanarts sometimes, and still love Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I remember a lot of kids at that time started with art because of Pokemon, but only few of them kept doing it as adults. It’s a bit sad that a lot of them just stopped because they thought that “drawing and painting is just child’s play”.

1 Like

I started out drawing traditionally. My favorite tools to use are HB/6B pencils, ballpoint pens, and Faber Castell colored pencils. I usually draw a lot of cartoons. When using my work as elements for a presentation, I would draw it on paper, scan it, and then use photo editing to enhance it. That’s my first take on using digital technology on art. It’s only later this year I start doing digital art after receiving my first pen tablet.

I still do traditional art, especially when planning out thumbnails. For digital, I recently like using brushes that simulates traditional tools to some extent such as pencil brushes. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I started drawing seriously during my primary school. Our school had an Art lesson so we learn to draw traditionally (sketches and watercolours) and do crafts. I always draw on my exercise book. My drawings that time mostly inspired by rpg games.

During year 2017, I got my first laptop. I found MS Paint so I drew using a mouse. I got my graphic tablet at the end of the year as a reward for my good grades during last exam. I started out drawing using paint tool sai. Then, a few months later I found out about krita and until now, I still use krita!

I still keep some of my ms paint drawings tho.

1 Like