How Do You Get Ideas For Your Art?

I’m really curious. How do you get your ideas for your art? What inspires you? What do you do to conquer art block?

For me, I either look at a random object/scene or scribble circles until something came up :smiley: .

2 Likes

I look at my photo gallery and I got ideas from it, or I just look around me carefully and I find something inspiration. :slight_smile: Rarely I have exact ideas about the piece I want to draw.

1 Like

Sometimes it’s usually from drawing from my sketchbook and sometimes it’s from looking at what influences me as an artist.

I like looking at random trinkets to see if it can inspire me. While I do make thumbnails, I usually ended up scrapping it entirely XD.

1 Like

I see. I also like using my sketchbook, my favorite materials are HB pencils and ball pens. What does influence you as an artist? What influenced me are western cartoons and anime.

1 Like

A lot of my inspiration comes from music :smiley:
Sometimes it’s a snippet of lyrics that might intrigue me, or even the overall subject of the lyrics, but it can also be just the feeling I pick up from the musical score itself. Funny enough, I don’t listen to the music while I’m working, but I listen to a lot of music when out and about ~

1 Like

True! Usually music inspires me to make drawings (sometime I even imagined animatics). One time I drew a lemon themed girl because I was listening to Kenshi Yonezu’s song “Lemon”. :smile:

2 Likes

True! Usually music inspires me to make drawings (sometime I even imagined animatics). One time I drew a lemon themed girl because I was listening to Kenshi Yonezu’s song “Lemon”. :smile:

Basically my art influence/style can be best described as “Mary Blair meets Looney Tunes.”

In fact, let me show you my art influence sheet:

3 Likes

Object, Student And listen to music.
Also I play a video games.

I mix all I got into My Idea.

1 Like