As many of you may know, resources system in the current Krita has some annoying bugs. We’re fighting right now to get rid of them. Because of that, we’re writing some parts of the system from the very beginning, or we have a very easy opportunity to change it to be even more convenient and easy to use.
Task on Phabricator regarding tagging, if someone wants to read a bit more: https://phabricator.kde.org/T12044
We would really like to hear what workflows you have with tags and tagging as artists:
- Do you use custom tags?
- Do you use the search/filter box at the bottom of the Brush Presets docker? If so, how do you use it? In which situations? Why do you use the filter box instead of searching in a different way: for example looking for the brush icon in the appropriate tag or even “All” category?
- Do you use the feature to update the resources for the tag to all filtered one that appears at the end of the filter/search box?
- Do you use renaming of the tag? do you use the feature “undelete tag”?
- Would “All untagged” category be useful even if the brush would initially inherit the tag from its parent (since not all brushes need to be tagged)? Right now it seems to be great for purpose of retagging brushes after changing them, but that’s of course a bug we want to fix.
- What other things you want to mention, maybe you have some ideas of improvements you’d like to see? Something to make tagging and untagging brushes and searching for specific brushes easier?
Note that all of those questions are about the tag system, which is what I’m working on right now. if you want to talk about which brushes you assign to which tags, please start a new topic in Lounge category, so this topic can be more focused on the system itself