How to get a brush paint upwards and sidewards

If i use a predefined brush many times i cant paint for instance a tree straight, they way they grow. Rotation on 0. Some brushes do others dont, i am really struggling and getting frustrated. And for instance the basic 5 brush when trying to paint a fir i can paint the horizontal line but from side to side from small to bigger it just will not paint. Is there a special setting to be able to do that?

Wait. Are you saying you cant draw a line in all directions? Every brush should work in any direction. Brushes with non round tips may have different thiknes depending on the angle but other than that, I never came a cross a default preset that only works one way. Could you, show some examples?

Hm, that sounds unusual, I’ve already tested all my Basic-5 variants because of this, but they all behave as usual and work like @Takiro just described. Could you tell us which of the Basic-5 brushes it is exactly? And could you please try if you can get back to a working brush by clicking on the “brush reset button”?

Don’t wonder about the interface, I’ve modified it a little, just try if this button gets your basic-5 back into a working preset.

Michelist

I reset the brush and now i can paint side ways but t looks very funny. Painted at 3 different speeds but its slow and never stops at the spot i want it to.

forgot screenshot
Schermafbeelding 2022-08-05 052437

Maybe its caused by the wacom artpen i am using? The artpen is not supported by krita i think. Which is a pity because i miss the abillity of rotation a lot.

Hmm…does the Tool Option docker have any Brush Smoothing been set?

Or, did you set any “Cursor”? Brush outline tend to be a little slow, when at smaller size would think it “not precise”, so we need a fast “Cursor” to help.

these are my cursor settings. And no brush smoothing.[quote=“Marion666, post:1, topic:45166, full:true”]
How does it work? I have the snapshot highlighted but how do i save it to upload.
And the dropper that is shown with the simular color does not show when making the snapshot…
[/quote]

Brush smoothing is in the tool options docker. Not in the settings.

For the other questions, please stay with them in their respective topics. It gets all a mess when you mix them together.

Michelist

i know its in tool options. I am really trying my best to keep it together with the topic but i have no experience with forums, all new to me. Sorry, please have patience with me.

I have tried to paint the same in krita, ps, paintstorm and painter. In all aplications i get smooth strokes but in krita. The brush is to slow. Did click reset button, rotation 0 and tried all cursor settings. Canvas size A4 300 ppi. So i guess i am still doing something wrong.

Try to disable brush smoothing in the “Tool Options”-Docker, so set it to “None” or set it at least to “Basic”. You find it in the tab below the color wheel, on the top right of your Krita window.

Michelist