How to work using multiple views of the same image in krita!

Learn how to work in Krita using multiple views of the same image! This technique will allow you not only to preview your work (I think it does a better job than the Overview Docker) but it will also allow you to save your work as you go.

Chapters:
00:00 Intro
00:18 Why using the overview docker of Krita is not really helping.
02:10 Working with multiple views of the same image
03:48 Let’s talk about a few advantages
04:16 Preview is instant!
04:33 Zoom in or out, Mirror, Rotate
04:48 The “Multiple Views” technique allows you to save your work as you go! Quick DEMO.
05:50 Final product from the demo + Conclusion.

Some of you will love this technique as it will allow you to work faster.
I also understand that some of you will have no interest in it or hate it.
Just choose what works best for you.

My job is to show you what is available in Krita.:grin:

See you next time!

https://youtu.be/VHENXwU_RR4

6 Likes

Requires sign in … :confused:

1 Like

My™ error message is slightly different, but the result is identical. Right now, I’m being denied viewing, saying it’s a private video.

Michelist

1 Like

Hello everyone. YouTube is experiencing a glitch. I am going to have to delete the video and reupload. Sorry about the inconvenience. It will take a few minutes. Thank you for your patience.

3 Likes

It is not a problem, such things happen. :+1:

Michelist

1 Like

Thank you!

Back online!!! Thank you for your patience. I hope you like this little video. :grin::blush::two_hearts:

2 Likes

So far, I liked every single one of your tutorials.

Michelist

1 Like

You are one of my dearest fans!

1 Like

I had no problem watching the video at all. :thinking:

At least that’s not impossible. And in the “fear” Google might suffer from digital dementia, I have now stored over 3 GB of your videos with me.
:wink:

@DavidMahl, maybe you were “too late”? Corinne has fixed this very quickly!

Michelist

1 Like

That was nice! Good job! :+1:t2:
(I liked the toucan with the flowers best. :grin:)
Bookmarking this!

1 Like

Bookmark? You will surely guess after my previous post, I downloaded it immediately of course.
:rofl:

Michelist

1 Like

@CelticCoco Another excellent tutorial :slight_smile:

There is a bug that may/will affect people on 4.4.8 and 5.0.6. I have it on Linux but haven’t tested Windows yet.
If you start a fresh session while in Subwindows mode and open a file, that file’s subwindow is full size with no surround. So, if you then do Window → New View and select the same file, the new subwindow is hidden behind the first subwindow.
You have to do Window → Cascade to get them both visible.

You refer to the smaller subwindow as ‘the duplicate’ but they are both equivalent, just different sizes.

At 5:10, the caption says, “Always save your work from the Duplicate Subwindow”.
As far as I know, saving from either subwindow is the same result as saving from the other one.

2 Likes

Glad that you posted about Cascading the windows. That worked on Android. :+1:

1 Like

Great information. Thanks.
Regarding, the wording, I don’t always find the good English word. So, that’s on me.
Finally, saving the work from the duplicate helps me work faster. I don’t know why, but it does. Maybe I’m just crazy.
ErpManGIF

4 Likes