I can't draw! Please help!

I was trying to configure some shortcuts, but I don’t know what happened that now stays all the time in the positioning tool (little hand), no matter which tool I click on …
I already redefined Krita’s settings, reinstalled, and it continues like this …
Can someone help me?

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Which version number of krita and which operating system are you using?

Are you using a graphics tablet?
If so, which make and model?
Does this happen with the graphics tablet, the mouse, or both?

Have you been making changes to the settings in krita or the settings in your drawing tablet/stylus using its configuration/settings utility software?

How exactly did you do that?

Reinstalling krita will have no effect at all.

The little hand is the panning tool and that can be caused by changes in the Canvas Input Settings or changes in the stylus mapping, possibly in the Keyboard Shortcuts.

If you can’t remember which settings you changed then it may be better to set them all back to default.

Please provide the information asked for above because that woukld be of help in figuring out where things have gone wrong.

Hi!
Thank you so much for responding!

Come on:
I am using Krita 4.4.2, my operating system is Windows;

I use the Huion graphics tablet, the HS611. And the problem is happening with both the mouse and the table;

I made changes to both the tablet and the Krita. I was trying to understand better how the shortcuts worked to change the buttons on my table.
Then I saw that I could also change some Krita settings, at least that’s what I understood, and I went to “settings” >> “configure Krita” >> “desktop interaction”, I wanted to change the fact that the mouse wheel zoom in, to use it just to move the file up and down, you know? I think it was by changing these settings, zoom and pan, that I did something wrong.

About resetting the settings: When I saw that I was having problems, I clicked on “restore defaults” right there inside the “configure krita” window on the part I was working on. Having no results, I clicked on “settings” >> “reset Krita settings”, and then after opening it again, the program was as it was when it was downloaded, but the problem persists.

Thank you for being willing to help!

As I don’t speak English, I’m using the google translator, so I’m sorry if something is strange.

Just to make sure, please do the following:

Go to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local and look for a file called kritashortcutsrc and delete it if it exists. (That is your personal shortcuts file.)

Then go to C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\krita\input and delete any files in there. (You’ll probably see three files there.)

Restart krita to see if that changes the situation or fixes it.

If that doesn’t work, it’s probably the settings changes that you made in your Huion setup/configuration utility so you’ll need to look at those and maybe reset them if possible.

There were no such files to delete.
I reset the tablet settings, but the problem persists. As I mentioned earlier, this problem appears using both the pen and the mouse.

But thank you so much for being willing to help!

I think this may be the ‘Canvas Input Settings’ (in English) set.
Do your settings for Pan and Zoom look like this (default):

Given that it used to work and now it’s wrong with the mouse, this suggests that it’s the settings.
However, can you disconnect your Huion tablet and restart the computer and see if that makes a difference?

I thank.

But I already asked to restore the default, and it hasn’t changed.
mine looks like this:

Did you try disconnecting the Huion tablet and restarting your PC?

Go to C:\Users(your username)\AppData\Local and delete any file that starts with ‘krita’. e.g. kritarc, kritadisplayrc, etc.

Go to C:\Users(your username)\AppData\Roaming\ and see the folder called krita. Rename it to krita-previous.

Then run krita. Does that change the situation?

Yes, the Huion Tablet has already been disconnected and the PC turned off. I only connect it when I’m going to draw, so it has already been disconnected several times …

There is no file like that there, nothing that has krita in the name

My roaming country is empty.

Thanks for the try!

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.