I know everyone is thinking about it...

I am sure this has gone through everyone’s s mind by now I wake-up thinking about it all the time.

When will there be a krita plugin that is a internet browser?

You know the possibility is there :grin:

That has never gone through my mind at all :slight_smile:
What would be the point or advantage of that?
Also, are you writing one or planning to?

how could you not :scream:

the point? well to see the internet. imagine your painting and you need to check your email or go to facebook. seems dope XD

Thunderbird (email and local calendar and Google calandar and a full Google plugin) and a browser are always running in one of my desktop workspaces so … not for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about a plug-in that can search for reference images on pixabay or another free image site and import your desired images as reference?
(My other favorite drawing app does this btw)

3 Likes

Imagine streaming krita through krita XD

Sounds interesting :grin::grin::grin::grin:

The important question is: Can it run Doom?

3 Likes

Uhm… why? I mean it is easier to just use a browser… cause last thing you want is when your browser hangs, so does krita…

Not to mention, while there is a QT widget that has the browser built in, I don’t think it is bundled with pyqt5 out of box so you would either have to install that separately, or redraw the browser yourself… or at the very least stream the browser.

As for getting reference images from remote websites, and make a reference image out of it, that isn’t that hard to do actually.

2 Likes

I did not know pyqt5 was separated into parts. I just read the Qt docs and thought it was all there.
I took a look and after downloading the missing module I got a browser script and it works pretty nice.
I can see youtube videos and see chat on twitch it is pretty complete.

1 Like

This could be used to make a plug-in to download assets and brushes for Krita, it would be interesting.

1 Like

If I recall right krita 5 has the upgraded plugin installer that can use a internet link or the zip.

1 Like

Yes, but I think it only works with plugins and it would also be better to have a “catalog” of brushes with samples.

1 Like

This is Google Translate:
For me personally, basic browser functions are not enough.
I use a lot of Google plugins and tampermonkey scripts-remove ads, enhance website functions and translate various languages…
The frequently visited webpages are also collected and classified. If I lose them, I will be very uncomfortable…
In addition, the browser icon is in the lower left corner of the screen. It is not time-consuming to open. I often open many web pages at the same time

1 Like

I almost always have Opera and Firefox running, with multiple instances of FF configured with different profiles, since some plugins block each other, and if necessary Chrome or Edge, since not every content can be displayed or downloaded on every browser.
Oh, and I have a Waterfox for various legacy plugins that no longer run on FF as well. :crazy_face: Except Edge, they are portable browser versions.
And as practiced by @TheTwo, a lot of content is downloaded and preserved here too :file_cabinet: - unfortunately content keeps disappearing from the net, and not all of it can be found again on Archive.org. :frowning:

Michelist

Maybe it’s me but I thought this was an obvious joke.

2 Likes

Yeah, might be a bit unobvious for the people without programming background though :smiley:

(The joke, for those unaware, is that webbrowsers are super complicated, so embedding a webbrowser into another complicated program is kinda a to-go-to for super decadent plugin jokes (together with machine learning) )

2 Likes

I’d rather have a plugin that blocks the internet when I’m painting (or should be) so I don’t keep getting distracted! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Python has some pretty good libs for machine learning though :thinking:

1 Like

Yep, at first I thought so too, but when @EyeOdin wrote what he “dug up” there in the QT docs, it suddenly sounded quite different. Not like joking…
And then I decided to skip this post:

O o, should I old geezer, with my adherence to specialized software, like browser, mail client, orthodox file manager, be an outdated anachronism? :thinking: I love my “one trick tools!” Streaming Krita in Krita? :woozy_face: I’m happy to use Krita as it is. :+1: Doom though would definitely upgrade Krita. :rofl:

Michelist