I think I've lost my mind....

Was going to post this in the Help section but I think I’m just confused…
I think maybe it is working as designed…and somehow I got confused about layers and erasing and…gawd…who knows…

anyone?

Weirdest damn thing…right in the middle of painting my latest wip…suddently my erasers ( a)Eraser Circle and Eraser Small) as well as when I flip the Wacom pen are suddenly full on Erase. Just touch the pen lightly and the entire brush area (circle or square or whatever) is 100, 1000, 100000 % erased!

anyone seen this before?

Other brushes seem to be working properly pressure wise

Am I just suddenly confused? Is there pressure sensitivity on erasers? or have I just been imagining it…

Maybe you held down shift and accidentally touched the erase button to the tablet while flipping the stylus around? I think I’ve had that happen to me once or twice, the scale of the brush changes.

Yeah, I thought that too at first and have had it happen…but it wasn’t that … I think I was just so deep in the creative zone that I slipped into the twilight zone…

I do still wonder about the erasers and pressure though…it appears they change size not strength based on pressure (except the air brush eraser)…please tell me I’m right and have not actually lost what little of my mind is left. LOL!

Yes, most of the eraser brushes seems to work that way. And it’s a good thing too! :slight_smile:

If I need strength on the eraser I just toggle erase mode on the brush I’m using. I only flip the stylus when I want complete erasing that doesn’t leave a trace of what’s been painted.

1 Like

Thanks … just about to do some experimenting to make sure I actually understand this…so many erasers so little time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Okay, I think I figured it out…I was unaware of the little ‘eraser’ button on the toolbar but when I use it … that’s how I thought it was functioning normally or when I flipped my wacom pen…but no…either it’s not or something changed…

When I use the toolbar button it erases using the same brush pattern/texture…

so…okay…got it …I think…
Damn Crazy Artist Anyway…Twilight Zoning…Wheeee!

“E” got it! “E!” use the E key.

Thanks, Enjoy!

The eraser side of the stylus is really just another tip that you can have any brush assigned to. It doesn’t have to be an eraser brush. So if you are painting a lot with a pencil brush and a watercolour brush for example, you could have one at the nib tip of the stylus and the other at the eraser side.

Also, any brush can be an eraser brush if you toggle “e”. Krita will remember that state when you flip the stylus.

It does seem that you have to select the brush twice to convince Krita that you really want to change the eraser brush… maybe I’m wrong about that though.