Is anybody interested in krita-artists online meetup?

I was wondering if anybody is interested in online meet-up of artists using krita. Initially I was thinking about user group kind of thing like the Linux user group kind of thing in my city. But I think it is too early for that I don’t know many people using krita from my city. So I think an online meet with everyone around the world will be awesome.

I am just throwing the idea out, I don’t have plan yet about the agenda or any topic etc. For the meeting. May be we can just join the meet and say hi and chat casually.

I dream of creating local krita communities and groups like the LUGS. What do you people think? Suggestions and ideas are welcome.

4 Likes

How would it be different from what we are already doing at Krita Artists?

1 Like

Hi there,
I am new to Krita but am absolutely interested. This seems to be an interesting tool and the entire artistic hobby is really cool

AJ

It will like real-time online online meet-up using video over internet.

1 Like

I see. I’m afraid I’ll have to decline as I’m very camera shy.

I wish all participants a great time though! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

A high production value podcast might offer something similar. Interview new guests …

Wear a mask! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

A pragmatic solution, but it won’t help much with the discomfort.

I’ll likely watch a recording later, if one is saved.

Edit: I’d feel awkward and stupid with a mask. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah - It was just kind of a running joke… you know - like the masquerade! :upside_down_face:

I would probably have the same problem! :wink:

1 Like

Yup. I totally got it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

won’t know how popular it will be until we have a meetup :slight_smile:

I imagine getting it organized for a world-wide audience may be difficult - what time would you hold it? Would it be on Discord or some platform that’s more nefarious like FB :smiley:

Well may be you can join in with just sound. Or may be just on chat.

1 Like

This is not out of the question. It would depend on the time though, as Kynlo says.

if its within the time range im awake. I’ll join in. :slight_smile:
I’ll be in mask though and maybe shades :joy:

Sounds fun, I’m interested!

1 Like

Another Idea.
I would suggest starting a Discord server and organizing drawing sessions there :slight_smile:

I saw similar thing with blender community.

3 Likes

Or on Matrix, Krita has a channel there.

1 Like

If I can and we arrange a meeting, I am in

2 Likes

Might be interesting :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you for the responses people. I will plan this and post an update. Meanwhile more suggestions regarding how to organise this and where to organise is welcome.