Is there a bug in KRITA-nightly-x64-5.0.0-prealpha-c619edea MOTION TWEEN option ?

I have already tested few times.
MOTION TWEEN options are working quite properly in krita-nightly-x64-5.0.0-prealpha-90afcc73f0 version.
But in KRITA-nightly-x64-5.0.0-prealpha-c619edea version,whenever I am trying to select the keyframe button in animation curves docker ,Krita is shutting down promptly !
Is it a bug or I am doing something wrong ?! Though the same procedure is working fine inside the version I have mentioned above !

I can’t find either of those two git build numbers. What date were they built?

Using the July 18 5.0.0-prealpha (git c24189f) appimage, I can use the Animation Curves docker keyframe buttons for opacity and Transform Mask scalar values with no problems.

What are you doing and what is the simplest sequence of actions that will cause this crashy sounding behaviour?

Do you have a crash report file that can be linked to here and also be part of a formal bug report?

If you do something that makes krita shut down, especially if that something doesn’t make an earlier version shut down, that is a definite bug.
It should be reported at https://bugs.kde.org/ (sign up and sign in needed) and a link to the report posted here.

1 Like

Yes,You are right.
These versions are not available right now.
I have downloded the last version( KRITA-nightly-x64-5.0.0-prealpha-c619edea version) at least 10 days ago,mainly to check the new perspective ruler option.
Before that I was using krita-nightly-x64-5.0.0-prealpha-90afcc73f0 version,which was downloaded probably 20-22 days ago.
I will check out the latest version.
Should I try the krita next version or krita plus version ?
probably krita plus version will be better,right ?
Thanks for the help :slight_smile: !

I haven’t looked but I don’t think krita plus has the new animation functions.
Have a look and see if you like.
You should always check the latest krita next for bug testing.
I don’t think krita plus has any point to it at the moment because 4.4.5 is intended to be the final 4.4.x version.

If anyone needs an older build of the nightlies for testing, I have all of them going quite a ways back. I have both builds mentioned by OP, so let me know if you need some testing to be done on old nightlies

@Gremriel A short time ago, there was a lot of development work and bug fixing being done in this area.
While it might be ‘interesting’ to have a look at the old nightlies, I don’t think it would be a helpful use of your time.

Maybe, maybe not. There were a couple of times that me downloading all the nightlies helped squash some bugs that were introduced a long time ago and didn’t come to light until recently (the unlimited undo bug, years ago, for example).

In any case, I save them, because I have the space and you’ll never know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for your help @AhabGreybeard and @Gremriel !
I have tried out the latest prealpha version (git c24189f) and it is working quite properly.
Though it has a small problem of showing/representing actual resized image,whenever I am using transform tool inside transform mask.
But in playback or render version,it’s coming out properly.
So I am okay with that :slight_smile: !

2 Likes