Is there a way to download an older version of Krita?

I’m not sure if the issue is with krita or with my laptop, but since the newest update (5.0.6), I can’t open the program. I already tried to uninstall and install again, but nothing changed. Even though I only started having this problem with the new updated, my best bet is that the problem is on my compter, since it’s kinda of a bad laptop.
I wanna try and see if an older version can open, but I don’t know if there’s a way to download it.

If you scroll down on the krita.org page, there is an “Old Version Library” which has all the previously made versions of Krita.

Here’s the link to the site directly: KDE - Experience Freedom!

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Sorry for off topic

uninstall and reinstall usually not help, unless it is a broken installation.
Usually remove (or move to other place as a backup) krita resource folder and kritarc(krita config file) might help, if the problem is in resource folder or config. It is reseting krita to default state.

I see, I’m gonna give it a try, thank you!

I went there, but I was a bit lost on how to download the files, I was trying to download the 5.0.0 version since I know it opens o my laptop for sure

Find the folder 5.0.0
inside the folder:
krita-x64-5.0.0-setup.exe is install version for Windows
krita-x64-5.0.0.zip is portable version for Windows
krita-5.0.0-x86_64.appimage is for Linux
krita-5.0.0.dmg is for MacOS

1 Like

I did it! thank you! Turns out, I had to delete all of Krita’s AppData, since the last time I had installed the program, the files somehow corrupted, that’s why I couldn’t open the program. Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.