Is there way to use wrap mode with SVG files for seamless patterns?

I am coming from Illustrator and want to know if there is a way to make seamless patterns with my SVG graphics the same way you can with the brush tool? It is so awesome how you can make a seamless tile with the brush, but when I add an SVG graphic on a new layer and hit the wrap around mode, it doesn’t wrap.

If not, is there a way to create seamless patterns in Krita using SVG graphics another way?

Thanks!

How are you adding the svg graphic? What krita version? wrap around seems to work with vectors for me…

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Vectors give a wrap display after you make them in the unwrapped canvas.
While wrapped, you can draw vectors on the ‘source of wrap’ canvas area but not on the wrap repeats.
Finding the source of wrap ‘box’ can be tricky but it is there.
Also a vector that goes off the edge of the canvas will not display the off-canvas part in the wrap.

Trying to design a good ‘seamless’ vector design in this way is more trouble than it’s worth.

1 Like

I thought they worked for me too at first. I’m adding them by dropping and dragging svg flowers onto the document and then wrapping to see if I can move the flower off the edge, but it’s not working.

Thanks! I was hoping I could use the wrap to move my svg flowers off the edge and have them repeat as happens when drawing elements. I have thousands of flower vectors I’d like to use in repeat surface patterns. :slight_smile:

I think I get the confusion, when you draw with a brush off the edge, it brings you to the other side, but when you drag an image it cuts it off. The wraparound is mostly a convenience display. Even if you do a non-vector selection and drag it off the edge it will cut off.

If you want that continuous brush like experience, why not turn that svg image into a custom brush? or flatten the layer into a raster and use the move tool.

Thank you! I’ll try making brushes!