Issue with Wacom tablet & Mouse

Before i declare my issue, i would like to say sorry for removing the format. I dont think i’d be usefull information but i’ll provide all information needed to hopefully make this easier to explain.

Yesterday i’ve gotten my Wacom tablet and i’ve installed the wacom drivers for it (version 6.3.43-3) and tested if krita worked with it (it worked perfectly fine). After unplugging my tablet and wanting to do some art using my mouse, i’ve realised that Krita doesnt accept any mouse input no more. I mean this in the sense as if you select the brush and were to paint on the canvas with left mouse button, it would not put any paint on it (same with line brush, bucket ect) the only thing it still can do is move “object” with the move button thingy (forgot it’s name).

My question is how can i fix this? i currently have no idea besides updating the drivers but according to wacom im all up to date. So am i missing something else?

Sincerely
SmallEnderman

Hello and welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

You don’t need to unplug the tablet to use the mouse.
(Maybe you’re using a laptop or other portable, I don’t know.)

Try plugging the tablet back in then doing a full power-off restart of your computer. Then see if they’re both working again.

As for painting, are you sure you had a colour other than white selected, so that it would show over a white background layer?
That does happen to people.

I can assure you, that i selected a different color than white. The issue isnt about whether the mouse & tablet are plugged in… that doesnt matter. it is currently ONLY accepting the tablet’s input for drawing and no input from the mouse for drawing, that’s the issue im currently experiencing

So the information about unplugging the tablet is not relevant?
Are you sure that the mouse did or did not work before you unplugged the tablet?
Did you try a full power-off restart to see if that fixed it?

Is this the first time you’ve installed and used a Wacom tablet or any tablet?

Which version (number) of krita are you using?
Which operating system are you using?
What is the type/model of the Wacom tablet?

With krita running, please do Help - Show system information for bug reports, then copy-paste the contents of that window to a reply here.

1 Like

Im sure that the mouse did work before installing the wacom tablet driver thingy, This is my first time installing the wacom tablet on THIS laptop, but i’ve done it before on my older laptop and back then i didnt have this issue atall

As for all the information you requested here you go

Krita

Version: 4.2.9
Languages: en_US, en
Hidpi: true

Qt

Version (compiled): 5.12.7
Version (loaded): 5.12.7

OS Information

Build ABI: x86_64-little_endian-llp64
Build CPU: x86_64
CPU: x86_64
Kernel Type: winnt
Kernel Version: 10.0.19041
Pretty Productname: Windows 10 (10.0)
Product Type: windows
Product Version: 10

OpenGL Info

Vendor: “Google Inc.”
Renderer: “ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 Direct3D11 vs_5_0 ps_5_0)”
Version: “OpenGL ES 3.0 (ANGLE 2.1.0.57ea533f79a7)”
Shading language: “OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.00 (ANGLE 2.1.0.57ea533f79a7)”
Requested format: QSurfaceFormat(version 3.0, options QFlagsQSurfaceFormat::FormatOption(DeprecatedFunctions), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize 8, greenBufferSize 8, blueBufferSize 8, alphaBufferSize 8, stencilBufferSize 8, samples -1, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::DoubleBuffer, swapInterval 0, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile QSurfaceFormat::CompatibilityProfile)
Current format: QSurfaceFormat(version 3.0, options QFlagsQSurfaceFormat::FormatOption(), depthBufferSize 24, redBufferSize 8, greenBufferSize 8, blueBufferSize 8, alphaBufferSize 8, stencilBufferSize 8, samples 0, swapBehavior QSurfaceFormat::DefaultSwapBehavior, swapInterval 0, colorSpace QSurfaceFormat::DefaultColorSpace, profile QSurfaceFormat::NoProfile)
Version: 3.0
Supports deprecated functions false
is OpenGL ES: true

QPA OpenGL Detection Info
supportsDesktopGL: true
supportsAngleD3D11: true
isQtPreferAngle: true

Hardware Information

GPU Acceleration: auto
Memory: 8076 Mb
Number of Cores: 4
Swap Location: C:/Users/Small/AppData/Local/Temp

Current Settings

Current Swap Location: C:/Users/Small/AppData/Local/Temp
Undo Enabled: 1
Undo Stack Limit: 30
Use OpenGL: 1
Use OpenGL Texture Buffer: 1
Use AMD Vectorization Workaround: 0
Canvas State: OPENGL_SUCCESS
Autosave Interval: 900
Use Backup Files: 1
Number of Backups Kept: 1
Backup File Suffix: ~
Backup Location: Same Folder as the File
Use Win8 Pointer Input: 0
Use RightMiddleTabletButton Workaround: 0
Levels of Detail Enabled: 0
Use Zip64: 0

Display Information
Number of screens: 1
Screen: 0
Name: \.\DISPLAY1
Depth: 32
Scale: 1
Resolution in pixels: 1920x1080
Manufacturer:
Model:
Refresh Rate: 60

You didn’t say which Wacom tablet you’re using.

Your system looks capable but you’re running krita version 4.2.9 which is very old.
You should update to version 4.4.5 before you do anything else with it.

Tablet drivers can get into strange states (or their internal configuration files can) so doing the full power-off restart process is always a good idea.

Uninstalling Wacom drivers on a modern Windows 10 system has many difficulties but the Wacom Tablet Properties utility/setup thing can be used to check for and install updates so you may want to have a look at that.
Also, look at the detailed settings in there to see if it has anything ‘unusual’ compared to your previous experiences.

Also, please follow the advice in this topic for making sure that the Wacom tablet and krita are both set to use Wintab and that you have an application profile set up for krita.
Pen Pressuring skipping wacom tablet windows 10

I’ve noticed what the issue at hand was… I changed the “tablets pencil sensitivity” in krita… but this also changes the “mouse’s input sensitivity” (if this makes sense), this was the issue and after changing the sensitivity back to default, it got fixed. Thanks once again for your time Ahabgreybeard

Okay, it solved your problem, and I’m happy for you, but could you try if the problem comes back when you set that sensitivity setting again, the setting where the mouse wouldn’t draw?
I just tried a lot of very extreme pen pressure settings in Krita, but my mouse draws at every pressure setting in Krita. It is just to satisfy my curiosity.

Michelist