Knights gon give it to ya

I was scribbling, noticed some “armorish” shapes and decided to draw some knights. Because this was just a loose sketch, I wanted to practice using photo textures. I dunno… The cape is a bit overblown. I also should do some studies of armor and reflections, even tho they wouldn’t show in these super scratchy metals.
Before I knew it, I spent 10 hours and it wasn’t a sketch anymore… :stuck_out_tongue:
I was also struggling a lot with the composition, so I just smacked a golden ratio onto it and went with that.

Edit. WIP:

24 Likes

You are here Norman Rockwell

1 Like

Isn’t that the guy who pretty much pioneered how early 1900s commercial art looked?

Super cool Kire!! Love the colours and the variation in the piece! Well done! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks Rakurri! Wasn’t sure if the effects were overblown

1 Like

Yes, when I saw your portrait work first time I felt like Norman work don’t know why?
But he was one of legendary painter

1 Like

Hmmm, could be the expressions that remind you of his stuff. He seemed to do a lot of varied, everyday expressions.
Anyways: I am humbled to be compared to such a master. Thanks Rafat!

Beautiful work…as per usual. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Naloe!

Fantastic Mr.Kire!!!

1 Like

Thanks Ike!

1 Like

Awesome work KIRE.

Though the cape is wierd, I didn’t get what it was for a long time.The texture is somehow too big.

Also I think colorwise it’s great, I just think the effects are too much and distract so much (maybe just me).

1 Like

Thanks and agreed! This was a good learning experience, that phototextures should never full on carry a texture(like in the cape) but to exhance it. I like how the metal came out because I also actually painted on it, but didn’t paint the cape.
The same should go with the blue effect, but I just decided it gave it a lot of energy and movement.