Krita 4.3.0 Not Responding

When I’ve first downloaded Krita 4.3.0 it was working fine, but about a week later, I can’t start the program without it’s window turning white and saying “Not Responding.”

My computer is Alienware Aurora R11 brand new with 32G RAM. It has 1TB SSD + 1TB 7200RPM SATA. It also runs on Windows 10.

I’m not particularly tech savy and Krita is still new to me so I need a layman’s guidance to resolve this issue. I want to continue using this great program! Please help!

Okay Krita 4.3.0. opens up no problem while my Cintiq 24inch Pro is turned off.

After that I can turn on my Wacom and move the Krita window there. After that I use Krita on the Wacom…

But Krita won’t open while my Cintiq is turned on. Screen turns white and says “Not Responding.”

Is this a Cintiq setting issue? Or is it a bug?

Okay it seems now I can turn on Krita while Cintiq is on…as long as Krita’s window opens on my monitor first, then I can move Krita’s window to my Cintiq.

I wonder is that because I had both monitors adjusted to the same resolution (1920 X 1080) a moment ago?

Hello, maybe try to reset Krita configuration
https://docs.krita.org/en/KritaFAQ.html?highlight=reset%20configuration#resetting-krita-configuration

Well that seem to do the trick! Thanks! :slightly_smiling_face:

Apparently I located the %LOCALAPPDATA%\kritarc in my system, located the kritarc file, and renamed it “kritarc” again. That seem to resolve the issue.