Krita 4.4.3 Animation Playback Error/Bug??

Krita

Version: 4.4.3
Languages: en_US, en
Hidpi: true

Qt

Version (compiled): 5.12.9
Version (loaded): 5.12.9

OS Information

Build ABI: x86_64-little_endian-llp64
Build CPU: x86_64
CPU: x86_64
Kernel Type: winnt
Kernel Version: 10.0.19042
Pretty Productname: Windows 10 (10.0)
Product Type: windows
Product Version: 10

Description of the issue (you can include screenshots): So, I have been using Krita for literal years, but recently I switched to another program for projects. Today, I decided to use Krita for animation shortly after I installed the new, latest update

The problem is involving playback: When it plays, Krita freezes at frame 187 of a 500 frame animation. It refuses to play any of the other frames. The audio accompanied with the animation plays fine though.

Before anyone asks, yes I restarted my computer three times. The end frame is currently at 500. This isn’t the first time I’ve used Krita on this computer nor any computer. This has never happened before on previous versions.

I desperately need help.

edit: the bug seems to be “fixed” as soon as I remove the audio, which is very frustrating because I need the audio in order to sync it to the animation

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The only idea I can think of is to test by replacing frame 187 with another frame to see if Krita has a problem with that particular frame. For this I would take frame 186.
Since I’ve never created animations before, I lack in-depth knowledge on the subject and keep my fingers crossed that someone else can help you out if the idea doesn’t work.

Michelist

Been there, tried that. It seems to refuse to play any frame after 187, but it plays any other frame fine before that frame limit.

I’m very sorry to hear that, then I hope a more competent forum user can help you.

Michelist

Have you made animations of this length with audio before with no problems?

Is the audio file the same time duration as the animation?

If you replace the audio file with another one of the same length, does it still freeze at frame 187?

If you try using .wav instead of .mp3 (or vice versa) does it still freeze.

If you Render out to .mp4, does it render fully with correct audio content?

Can you try a previous version of krita from here:
KDE - Experience Freedom!

Use the krita-x64-----.zip package and Extract it then go into the folder and run ‘krita’ (or ‘krita.lnk’). This will not affect your existing installation.

In Help → Show krita log for bug reports, is there any ‘significant’ output when it freezes?

How much RAM is your animation using and how much RAM does your computer have?

i figured out the problem, but i forgot to reply. sorry

1 Like

Hello @verbaticles!

I’m glad to hear that!
Would you be willing to describe your solution here? It could be a help for other users in the future, if they also have this problem.

Michelist