Krita 4.4.8 won't launch on wndows 10

hello everyone
I have workstation MSI System ModelWS63 7RK
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
32 Gb ram and Nvidia quadro P3000
I had the 4.4.2 version as I launch it the window krita open blue load circle spin then nothing
I uninstall it and then I install the version 4.4.8 same thing
I have photoshop cs6 as well Artrage and many other application that launch without any issue
only that I keep uninstalling and re installing rebooting the computer after the install same thing
I lately updated the Nvidia driver to the newest version however all applications are working very well
except that krita 4.4.2 and 4.4.8 will be none launching just seeing the krita windows load opening for few seconds and then nothing.
any clue or a way to fix it?
I keep reading blog and apparently many encounter the kind of same issue
any guidance or help will be good and welcome thank you very much

Krita 4.4.8 does work on Windows 10.

• Try to reset Krita’s settings (Krita FAQ — Krita Manual 5.0.0 documentation). Uninstalling and reinstalling doesn’t change anything.
  • Check whether there’s a kritacrash.log file in %APPDATA% – if there is, it contains information about what made Krita crash.
  • Check whether you have installed any “security software” other than what comes by default with Windows 10. If so, you should uninstall all of that: it’s worse than useless.
  • Please share the link to that blog of which you say “I keep reading blog and apparently many encounter the kind of same issue” Krita has a couple million Windows 10 users, so it would be weird if there aren’t any users with problems, but I’m still interested in that link.

Hello and welcome to the forum @NYMAREK!

If you should not get anywhere with it, you can also try the portable version of Krita, unpack it into a directory of your choice and then start Krita with the shortcut “krita” that you’ll find in the root directory of the unpacked archive. Keep in mind that Krita needs some time to create the resource database initially.

You can download the portable Version with this direct download link from the Krita homepage.

Michelist

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.