Krita 5 won't start anymore :( windows 10

Hi, my name’s Alex and I’m new here xD and just because krita is not working anymore, I’ve used it before and after they released the 5.0 version and I’ve never had a single issue, but now all of a sudden it won’t start, only the first image you see every time when it’s loading but then nothing happens, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it, I’m not into that tech stuff but I “tried” checking if I could update any drivers, but still no luck.

I did a bit of research before posting and I found out about the “event viewer” on windows, so when I ran krita I got this, hoping anyone here could help me :')

krita.exe
libkritalibpaintop.dll
c0000005
000000000000d7bd
80c
01d83719e791f54b
C:\Program Files\Krita (x64)\bin\krita.exe
C:\Program Files\Krita (x64)\bin\libkritalibpaintop.dll
a53ef779-ed15-40a4-a5cd-a2c608f1694b

any extra info about my laptop:
HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC
AMD A10-5745M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs) 2.1GHz
AMD Radeon ™ HD 8610G
12GB RAM

Thanks if you read me :smiley:

The most common issue of Krita 5 not starting is a problem with the resources. Try making a copy of your resource folder, then deleting the original.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply :slight_smile: sadly I’m not exactly sure what folder would that be, I remember when I imported brushes there was this button “open resource folder”, but I need krita open for that haha I don’t know where it could be, there are several folders named krita inside the main krita folder so I’m kind of lost xD anyway I tried deleting the folder that contains ones like “actions, brushes, bundles, images, gradients, styles, etc.”, but it didn’t work :frowning:

1 Like

Finally, thank you so much :smiley: it worked. The thing is I didn’t know the “appdata” folder was hidden :sweat_smile: it also contained a “local” folder which was the one having the krita folder along with other files with krita in their names, I just deleted all of that and it worked, thank you so much I really appreciate your help :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.